Vatsalya Jan-seva Abhiyan
On this earth, the place known as Vrndavan in the district of Mathura, ninety miles southeast of Delhi, is a replica of that supreme Goloka Vrndavana in the spiritual sky. The area of the Lord's pastimes, Brajabhumi, covers an area of about 3,800 sq. km. The land of Braj starts from Kotban, near Hodel, about 95 km from Delhi. Important places of pilgrimage like Gokul, Mahavan, Baldeo, Mathura, Vrindavan, Govardhan, Barsana and Nandgaon (Nandagram) are within Brajabhumi. In whole of India, that eighty-four-square-mile tract of land is considered to be the most sacred place of pilgrimage because Krishna sported in it, and many devotees still linger there in ecstasy in search of Krishna and His childhood associates. In Vrindavana the effulgent ground is fashioned with many very wonderful colorful cintamani jewels, the trees and vines are full of blissful spiritual fruits and flowers, the birds make a great tumult by reciting the hymns of the Sama Veda, and the lakes and streams are filled with transcendental nectar.
- Lord Krishna, the eternal hero, the lover of Radha, the cowherd-prince was born approx 5000 years ago in Mathura and spent His childhood in Vrindavan. The Lord's intense love for Vrindavan has made it the epicenter of Krishna Bhakti since time immemorial.
- Any person may come to Vrindavan, even if he is sinful, will develop an atmosphere of spiritual life, and automatically chant the names of Krisna and Radha. (Srimad Bhagavatam, 3.20.4 purport).
- Somehow or other if one gets the opportunity to live in Vrndavan, and if one is not a pretender but simply lives in Vrndavan and concentrates his mind upon Krisna, one is liberated from all material bondage. (Srimad Bhagavatam 9.19.19 purport).
- If we live in Vrndavana, we are living with Krisna, because Vrindavana is not different from Krisna.
- We invite all the elderly persons of the world to come to Vrindavana and stay there in retired life, making advancement in spiritual consciousness (Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.5.5 purport).
- Vrindavan is a blissful grove, where the queenly Yamuna flows. He, who bathes here and bows, attains the bliss of attaining Vaikunta; The Vedas, Puranas joyfully praise, sages and saints believe Yamuna blesses immortality, so witnesses Shri Radhikarani.
- "Because Krishna, His name, form, pastimes and remembrance are all on the absolute plane, to search for Him at Vrindavan in pure God consciousness gives more pleasure to the devotee than seeing Him face to face." Brahma-samhita (5.38).
- .Vrindavana and Mathura are the most important places of pilgrimage for devotees of Krishna. The town of Vrindavan, in Uttar Pradesh, is the nucleus of Brajabhumi. It is located 130 km south-east of Delhi and 70 km north-west of Agra. There are over 6,000 temples in Vrindavan. Picturesque Ghats, arched gateways, temple spires and vibrant bazars emphasize the sacred and vibrant character of Vrindavan.
- Lord Krishna is the most popular person here. Every square foot of Vrindavan is wrapped in timeless devotion to Lord Krishna. Vrindavan without Lord Krishna is like Bethlehem without Jesus.
These are some of the mythological beliefs that attract pilgrims from not only India but across the globe to these holy places of Mathura & Vrindavan cross cutting the aged, elderly and grown up male as well as female. To accommodate these mass, Param Pujya Didi Maa has made arrangement of Meera Madhav Atithishala and Annapurna Bhojanalaya. There are different categories of devotees coming in Vrindavan throughout the year and their needs are also of different categories. Recognizing this important aspect, Vatsalya Gram provides A/C, Non A/C and dormitory accommodation to these pilgrim masses at no or affordable cost. Didi Maa believes that serving these mass is nothing but serving Lord Krishna Himself as He is present in all animals including human beings.